The Chief Executive has announced in the 2006-07 Policy Agenda that two Youth Employment Resource Centres, now re-named as “Youth Employment Start” (Y.E.S.), will be set up to provide one-stop employment and self-employment support service to young people aged between 15 and 29. The first Y.E.S. located in Langham Place, Mong Kok has come into operation since 20 December 2007 and the second one in Metroplaza, Kwai Fong was set up on 19 March 2008.
Y.E.S. is intended to be a one-stop employment platform where young people will find support to meet their different employment needs, to enhance their employability as well as to facilitate their sustainable development in employment.
- To take care of the employment needs of young people
- To assist young people to unleash their employment potentials
- To assist young people to gather accurate labour market information
- To assist talented youth to develop their self-employed businesses
Y.E.S. target clients are young people aged between 15 and 29 including:
- Employed Youth
- Young Businessmen
- Youth who have participated in the Youth Employment and Training Programme (YETP)
Young people aged between 15 and 29 who legally reside and work in Hong Kong may register as Y.E.S. members and those young businessmen aged between 18 and 29 holding valid business registration certificates may become business members to enjoy a wide range of business services and facilities. Upon on-site registration, members will be issued personalised membership smartcards for booking of services and activation of various facilities. All Y.E.S. services and facilities are free of charge.